TV Formatlab "RTL II"
RTL II is a commercial, privately owned, general-interest German television channel. The overall assignment was to develop a television format. Students could choose from a range of different formats in the scope of TV Shows and TV Series. It was up to the students to decide for a genre (Daily Soap, Fiction, Comedy, Reality Show, Documentation, Online/Web, etc.) as well as for a suitable time slot (Day Time, Access Time, Prime Time, Late Time, etc.).
Agenda and Tasks
- Kick-Off and briefing with the CEO and the program director
- Creating groups (3 – 5 Students)
- Writing loglines for 4 ideas
- Presentation of the ideas and loglines via Skype to RTL II and choosing one idea on the basis of their feedback
- Competitor analysis and evaluation of the profitability of the idea
- Development of the plot and storyline for one episode
- Development of the plot and storyline for one season
- Presentation at RTL II headquarters in Munich
- Logline, Key Facts, Plot, Competitor Analysis, USP, Moodboard